Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Gary

GARY

At dinner tonight Andrew took a deep sigh and said, "Poor Gary, I hope he's ok in the woods"..."Do you think he'll write?"... "I can't believe you wanted to kill him. You Southerners are sick".

I live with an animal lover.  I am realizing more and more that Andrew chose the wrong path in life. He should be volunteering at the SPCA, working as a veterinarian, or fighting in DC as an animal rights activist.  Gary the groundhog has been destroying the insulation underneath our house, eating our neighbors plants and telling his offspring to jump in our dryer vent, and yet, Andrew still is sympathetic and loving towards our furry housemate. I love that man with all my heart, but come on.

I came home today at noon and thought I had had a productive morning. When I left the house at 8:20 there was no Gary in the "Have a Heart" trap.  Andrew prances in the door 15 minutes after me and goes directly to the white board with our massive punch list of "to-dos".  I am starting to explain my productive morning when he erases the "Kill Gary" task and says, "Whelp, I was more productive than you. Gary is in the trap in the back of my truck. Lets take him to Weetamoo Woods down the road."

TRUE STORY.

Gary was in the back of the truck. We took him to the corn field at Weetamoo Woods and you should have seen him scurry his way out of the trap.  I have never seen a groundhog before, but let me tell you, they can RUN when it comes to their freedom.

RUN GARY!!!


Now back to the ever growing "Punch List"...

Notice the hideous wallpaper that once was in our living room...


We are both FINALLY back at home after being away the entire summer.  Andrew and I spent this past week sailing from Newport to Greenwich, CT on Spartan for his last hoorah on the boat.  I shed a tear as we rounded the last red nun in the channel to Mystic Shipyard...I think I was more sad to see that part of our lives fade away than Andrew was or at least let on.  Its funny how a boat made of wood can become such a part of one's life and memories.  Another chapter in the book.














Now our focus is completely on building our 2 businesses and THE HOUSE:) Despite being gone for 3/4 of the time we have actually lived in the house, the back living room is coming along nicely.



1st NIGHT


CONSTRUCTION PHASE

NOW


AS OF SEPTEMBER 17





Gary lives to see another day. I hope he doesn't have GPS. 












1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new place, Maria! Your improvements are looking great so far.

    Cheers,
    Evan

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips